The TDR Feedback Compressor II is a major design update of its critically acclaimed predecessor. The compressor is dedicated to the highest fidelity stereo program (2-buss) compression, but shines equally in classic mixing tasks.
Most modern compressors analyze the input signal to control gain reduction. This is known as a “feed-forward” topology. The TDR Feedback Compressor II, however, analyzes the output. This approach delivers unobtrusive and highly musical compression characteristics which mean the compressor is able to handle complex signals with ease.
The TDR Feedback Compressor II takes this traditional compression topology to new heights as a state of the art dynamics processor combining an unusual and highly flexible, yet intuitive control scheme. The compressor has been carefully tuned for intuitive and musical operation for almost every situation. No compromises have been made in order to achieve the highest possible quality of dynamic control.
We want to emphasize the fact that the processor neither tries to emulate any previously available device, nor does it follow popular trends like “virtual analogue”, “circuit modeling” or similar buzz words. This is a proud digital processor, made with an immense amount of love and care.
- Beautiful “Feed-Back Compression” sound and behavior
- 64bit floating point precision for all relevant calculations
- Multi-rate processing structure for highest accuracy, critical operations run up to 8 times the original rate
- Delta oversampled signal path (bit transparent without processing)
- Three side-chain filter slopes: 3dB/Oct, 6dB/Oct and 12dB/Oct
- Super fast and natural sounding compression.
- Independent release controls for peak and RMS compression
- Unique control scheme
- Crest Factor control
- Advanced stereo linking options optimized for the stereo bus
- Delta preview mode. Allows to preview the difference between compressed and original signal
- Latency compensated parallel bypass (i.e. processing not interrupted)
Latest version: 2.0.1Windows VST Mac VST/AU User Manual (pdf)
Don't miss the updates!
Subscribe to the Tokyo Dawn Labs newsletter for instant update notifications!
You have suggestions and ideas? Please head to the official support forum over at KVR:Official Support Forum @ KVR
In case you don't want to join our forum at KVR, feel free to use our e-mail contact form.